12th November 2020 10.00 : 11.30am
Talk/Webinar, Interactive activity
This session will set out to showcase how social science research and analysis can help explain events and offer evidenced-based solutions, with a specific focus to Wales. A range of academic staff, guest speakers, postgraduates and organizational representatives will be invited to contribute to various aspects of the topics to showcase the importance and influence of social sciences. The event will be delivered on-line via a series of interconnected presentations followed by a Q & A session where the audience are able to ask participant questions and participate in a live discussion.
1. Prof Martina Feilzer Introduction to social science (Chair)
2. Dr Rhian Hodges and Dr Cynog Prys – ‘O Covid 19 i BLM: Anghydroddoldebau Cymdeithasol yng Nghymru’
3. Dr Marian Gwyn (RCC) - Race Council Cymru: Black grassroots initiatives in Wales (From Covid 19 to BLM: Social Inequality in Wales.) This is a Welsh language session with translation.
4. Dr David Beck – Covid19 and Food Banks
5. Equalities Commission Rep - How fair Wales
6. Greg George Head of the Diversity Unit for North Wales Police - Social Inequality in North Wales.
6. Q & A
This website is an archived version of the 2020 festival, visit the main website for this years events